söndag 25 november 2018

Week 1 of TOME TOPPLE READATHON#7

Hello my dear book worms,

I've survived the first week of TOME TOPPLE READATHON#7 & it has been a lot of fun! I've finished my first book today & it was a very enjoyable & a roller coaster ride. So, on to the thoughts & some information about the book that I finished listening to during this first week. As I've said before, I won't be reading any physical books at all, just audiobooks because of the time crounch.

American Gods

Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30165203-american-gods?from_search=true

My review on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2047780519

Days before his release from prison, Shadow's wife, Laura, dies in a mysterious car crash. Numbly, he makes his way back home. On the plane, he encounters the enigmatic Mr Wednesday, who claims to be a refugee from a distant war, a former god and the king of America.

Together they embark on a profoundly strange journey across the heart of the USA, whilst all around them a storm of preternatural and epic proportions threatens to break.

Scary, gripping and deeply unsettling, American Gods takes a long, hard look into the soul of America. You'll be surprised by what - and who - it finds there...

This is the author's preferred text, never before published in the UK, and is about 12,000 words longer than the previous UK edition.

My thoughts: 

I gave this one 3.5 stars, because I just don't know but something about it made me feel that I couldn't focus on the story. It felt a bit messy at times & I think that I need to go back & re read it at some point so I can annotate it. 

What did you read? 

Until next time, happy reading! 

Inga kommentarer: