onsdag 4 april 2018

BookBuddyAthon TBR 2018

Hello my fellow bookworms!
I decided to join the BookBuddyAthon & I will probably not follow all of the promts. But my goal is to keep finishing the books that I'm halfway through.

 1) Buddyread
 
Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot, #10) 
 
The murder on the Orient express - Agatha Christie
 
What more can a mystery addict desire than a much-loathed murder victim found aboard the luxurious Orient Express with multiple stab wounds, thirteen likely suspects, an incomparably brilliant detective in Hercule Poirot, and the most ingenious crime ever conceived?
 
I'm currently reading this book with my book group. I'm on page 220 & I'm really enjoying it so far. This book has taken me some time because I have been annotating in it as I read it. Otherwise I would've finished it a long time ago. 
 
2) A book with friendship
 
王様ゲーム 1 (Ousama Game, #1) 
 
Ousama Game -
A high school class, containing 32 students, all receive a strange text message on their cell phones one night. It welcomes them to the "Ousama Game," in which they are given specific tasks to carry out in a 24 hour period.
No one takes it very seriously at first, as the tasks are trivial things like having one student kiss another. Soon, the tasks escalate beyond what the kids are willing to do, and they learn that the cost of failure is death. Will they be able to find a way out of the Ousama Game before more people die, and the living lose their integrity and humanity through their participation in the increasingly horrible daily tasks?
 
Although its a very dark & gory book there are a lot of friendships in this one. I have seen a couple of adaptations to this manga series & I liked them so I believe that I will really like this one. 
 
 3) A book with an adventure
4) A fun  book
 
Outlander (Outlander, #1) 
 
Outlander - Diana Gabaldon
 
The year is 1945. Claire Randall, a former combat nurse, is just back from the war and reunited with her husband on a second honeymoon when she walks through a standing stone in one of the ancient circles that dot the British Isles. Suddenly she is a Sassenach—an “outlander”—in a Scotland torn by war and raiding border clans in the year of Our Lord...1743.
Hurled back in time by forces she cannot understand, Claire is catapulted into the intrigues of lairds and spies that may threaten her life, and shatter her heart. For here James Fraser, a gallant young Scots warrior, shows her a love so absolute that Claire becomes a woman torn between fidelity and desire—and between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.
 
 I choose these two promts because this book has both adventure & some of the characters are really funny. I started reading this a while ago & at that point I listened to it on audiobook. But someone has deleted the files from youtube so I will finish the last part of this one without the audiobook. It's a shame because I love to listen to the person in the audiobook, I could understand what the scottish words were. Hopefully I'll manage. I'm currently on page 601. 
 
5) A new book
 
Heart-Shaped Box 
 
A heart shaped box - Joe Hill 
 
Aging, self-absorbed rock star Judas Coyne has a thing for the macabre -- his collection includes sketches from infamous serial killer John Wayne Gacy, a trepanned skull from the 16th century, a used hangman's noose, Aleister Crowley's childhood chessboard, etc. -- so when his assistant tells him about a ghost for sale on an online auction site, he immediately puts in a bid and purchases it. 
The black, heart-shaped box that Coyne receives in the mail not only contains the suit of a dead man but also his vengeance-obsessed spirit. The ghost, it turns out, is the stepfather of a young groupie who committed suicide after the 54-year-old Coyne callously used her up and threw her away. Now, determined to kill Coyne and anyone who aids him, the merciless ghost of Craddock McDermott begins his assault on the rocker's sanity.
 
This is a new author for me so I thought this book fit perfectly for this promt. I have started reading this & I'm currently on page 93.  
 
Will you be joining the BookBuddyAthon? Let me know what you're planning to read.  
 
Until next time, happy reading. 

Inga kommentarer: