måndag 29 januari 2018

Shy's sorrow by April M. Barbosa

Shy's Sorrow

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13186070-shy-s-sorrow

 Shyas got a great life, a lawyer dad, the perfect stepmom. Then tragedy strikes. Shyas no longer in her perfect life; instead, sheas thrown to her real mom and a world full of violence where around every corner lurks hidden danger to a naAve girl who trusts everyone. The people in her new life are like characters in a book. Esperanza, her mother, is a violent alcoholic whoas always loud and abusive. G is the quiet thug that rules the streets with his devoted homie Chino. Both would lay down their lives to protect Shy from anything or anyone. Flaca is the only girl in the neighborhood to befriend her. They develop a bond stronger than life itself. Mousie is the bully. In this way of life, no one is who they seem to be. Mother, father, friends, enemies, there are no boundaries and only one rule to live by: survive by any means necessary.
5/5 stars on Goodreads. 

My thoughts:
I had the wonderful opportunity to receive this copy for an honest review & I'd like to give my thanks to this wonderful author. I thought it was a really nice read & I loved the writing style. The main character felt very real to me & I had times when I felt both sorry & angry. This book made me feel a lot which doesn't happen many times to me.

Inga kommentarer: