söndag 14 januari 2018

Plans for 2018

Hello everyone!
I wanted to go through some plans for this year. I have been focusing all my reading on books that I've received from authors & on books that I'm buddy reading. As you probably already know, I'm reading One of us is lying by Karen M. McManus with my booktuber friend June. I'm 94 pages in to it & it has taken me some time because I'm annotating as I read. The reason that I'm annotating more is so I can write better reviews of the books that I read. Yesterday I picked up a book that I recieved from the lovely author April M. Barbosa.



Shy's Sorrow

Shyas got a great life, a lawyer dad, the perfect stepmom. Then tragedy strikes. Shyas no longer in her perfect life; instead, sheas thrown to her real mom and a world full of violence where around every corner lurks hidden danger to a naAve girl who trusts everyone. The people in her new life are like characters in a book. Esperanza, her mother, is a violent alcoholic whoas always loud and abusive. G is the quiet thug that rules the streets with his devoted homie Chino. Both would lay down their lives to protect Shy from anything or anyone. Flaca is the only girl in the neighborhood to befriend her. They develop a bond stronger than life itself. Mousie is the bully. In this way of life, no one is who they seem to be. Mother, father, friends, enemies, there are no boundaries and only one rule to live by: survive by any means necessary.
Paperback, 60 pages
Published December 15th 2008 by America Star Books 
 
I will be focusing on finishing books that I've received from the authors & get their reviews out as soon as possible. I value our collaboration & they are very important to me.   
These are the books I have to read that I've received from the wonderful authors: 

  1. My two thugs - April M. Barbosa 
  2. Legends over generations - Ashraf Haggag
  3. Rising - Mike Huard

    When I'm done with these I will take some time to catch up on the books that I've started & haven't finished yet. 

    • Blackout - Mira Grant 
    • A heart shaped box - Joe Hill 
    • Outlander - Diana Gabaldon
     
    Another thing is that I will be annotating a lot more & my plan is to try & annotate in my read books. I realized that I haven't had a good system for annotating so I'm trying out some different things to see what works best for me. If you want me to go more into annotating, feel free to comment down below & I'll make a video about it. Yes, I know there are plenty of people out there that doesn't like annotations & that's fine. You do what works best for you. 

    What are your plans for 2018? Let me know! 

    Until next time, happy reading!



Inga kommentarer: